Thursday

Hi, It's Me! Every Girl Ever! (My Version)

Hi there! Thanks for coming to pick me up! I know you told me 7:30 but I still have to put some more eyeliner on. Why don't you have a seat on my lovely couch - just knock a few of those cushions off, there ya go! Watch out for the candles though! Isn't my home lovely? I opened an Ikea catalogue and just picked a million things. Gosh Ikea makes life easy!

Excuse me while I go freshen up. Don't worry my roommate is around here somewhere, she'll make awkward small talk with you to prepare you for the evening, while making judgements about you in her head - which her and I will discuss at length when I get home!

Sorry that took so long, I have no idea what I do in the bathroom for half an hour! Gosh, I look pretty! I see you met Snookie and Sugar-Pie, my kitties! That's great that you're pretending to like them and pet them when really you are severly allergic and will probably have to take several anti-histamines later. Well, let's head out, shall we?

What a gentleman you are! Thanks for getting the car door for me, I love men who believe in gallantry. Well except when it's sexist, I get to decide when it's ok and when it's sexist! Fun, no? Don't worry I won't reach across and get the lock for you. I know it's raining out and all but I'm too busy wondering why you're taking so long and making me wait while you fumble with the lock!

What a cozy resturant you've chosen! I never choose, I always tell you I don't care where we go and then if it's somewhere I don't like you get to hear me complain about it endlessly! This is fun because it takes the pressure off me and lets me judge you yet again!

I know you told me we were going for dinner and all but I'm actually not that hungry, weird no? I guess I'll just order a salad and the most expensive martini I can find. Are you going to eat that pasta? I should have ordered pasta.

Let me tell you all about myself! I have all these friends who are the BEST ever! I can gossip with them and giggle endlessly about other people! Did you know that Jennifer Aniston is dating John Meyer? I'm glad my friends and I can talk about all that important stuff together! I know if I ever had a real problem they would probably start acting really busy and not return my phone calls but they are seriously the BEST EVAR!!

I have this heinously boring job but I still love to talk about it! Especially about the clothes other people wear there and who's dating whom! It doesn't matter that you've never met any of these people, I'll still tell you all about them! It's almost like you DO know them! How lucky are you?

Well, dinner was nice but I'm awfully tired and there's a rerun of The Bachelor that I'm dying to watch! I'm going to pretend to offer to pay for the bill, but if you actually wanted me to pay any of it I'd be shocked! I don't even think I brought any money! Then I'd have to tell all my (BEST EVAR) friends about how you made me pay on the first date!

Well here we are, back at my place! Why don't you walk me to the door so we can have an incredibly awkward goodbye? How about you pretend you had lots of fun and say that we should do it again sometime? Ok, well awfully nice spending time with you! What was your name again?

8 comments:

P said...

Wow, sounds just like me - joke!!!

Jen said...

I really love your style of writing, it's so funny!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

The UK version would be slightly different though. Instead of housemate you'd be made to talk to the baby and instead of a meal at a restaurant, you'd probably go to Maccy Ds.

*sigh* I despair.

Lyla Lou said...

AHAHA this is hillarious! BEST EVAR!!

"I have no idea what I do in the bathroom for half an hour"

Wait, do people do this? I'd be worried he's thinking I'm on the toilet...

Anonymous said...

Too close to home.

Unknown said...

Great blog post, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

I did radio show on this.



http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/phi/471580402.html