Thursday

Not Even I Can Keep Track

So, I realize that occasionally I'll mention a friend of mine here on this blog o' mine. Sometimes it doesn't really matter if you have a clue who I'm talking about or not. Sometimes it makes it funnier if you DO know who the hell I'm rambling on about.

To make matters less complicated, here is my very own cast and crew:

The Women:

Blondie: The name basically speaks for itself - she's blonde. She's hilarious. She's one of my best friends. We've been to Cuba, PEI, Halifax, Shuswaps, the Badlands and Kananaskis together, we figured out that since we got our passports the same day that means we are destined to be travel-buddies. Also, she thinks I'm psychic and smart so having her around is good for the ego.

PartyGirl (nickname given to her by some of my less crazy friends): I've known her since Elementary although we only really became good friends after High School when we randomly ran into each other while each working our respective downtown office jobs. She has a new boyfriend that she now lives with but she's still awesome fun to party with.

Boobie McGee: (kinda self-explanatory) she's younger then the rest of us, kind of crazy, gets angry when drunk, but is always amusing. Prime example: she broke her wrist before houseboating and cut off her own cast with a jigsaw so she could go in the water.

Frenchie: I know her because my crazy ex and her husband worked together. Then I worked with them (the boys), then they introduced us (the girls). Frenchie was sure she was going to hate me but miraculously we got along just peachy. We're still friends even though douche ex and I broke up and her hubby PA isn't friends with him anymore. Ha ha I win.

Hiker: She is my manager at The Restaurant, and a really big sweetheart. She likes to go out of town to Banff, Kananaskis, Drumheller etc. to go hiking (hence the name) and usually Blondie and I tag along. She is our 'responsible' friend.

The Men:

(Ex)
Pseudo-bf: Not my boyfriend, never was my boyfriend for the 2 years we 'hung out'. Complicated story, I wrote about it here. Sometimes I mention him, or possibly his new ex(!) girlfriend T-Bone.

O/N: So called because he was my Old/New guy. I used to date him in High School and ran into him at the bar one night last year. We had a brief fling where we'd hang out, go for drinks, all that fun stuff. I haven't talked to him in a while but every now and then...

Brown Paper Bag Boys (BPBBs): Blondie and I work with one of these guys, who she is now dating (that would be Hyper). They are wicked fun although sometimes do stupid things. There are about 5 main guys in this group. In the spirit of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs I'll call them: Hyper, Grumpy, Shy, Cocky, and Sleepy


The Co-workers:

This section needs some major updating...someday


The Fam:

Dizzy: Writes a great blog about attachment parenting, and lives too far away from me. Her husband is great and helps me with technologically advanced things so I'll call him Techie. They have an adorable 2 year old daughter (who calls herself MeMe so that will be her pseudonym) and another bun in the oven! Dizzy reads my blog so...

Must. Always. Say. Nice. Things...

Just kidding. She's great, I wish they lived closer though.

SK & SL : My younger twin sisters - get the lowdown here. People seem to think we're triplets a lot which is funny because they are ten times skinnier then me and 4 years younger (victory is mine!!) well, either that or I just look like the slightly chunky oldest triplet.

So, there you have it - I'm sure the list will grow so if you're ever confused, pop on by.

5 comments:

Chele said...

after reading this I realized that maybe I should have a cast and crew introduction about the many people I write about in my life. I am sure it gets confusing for many. Thanks for the inspiration

Ben said...

Your cast seems so much better than mine. Newf. Mom. Dogs. Sad.

Dr Zibbs said...

If someone were to ask me to get your friends and associate them with the Wizard of Oz characters, Blondie would be my scarecrow. Let's hear some more stuff about her. She's great!

Moderator said...

I wish I had more friends I could call titbag.

Actually, I just wish I had friends.

paperback reader said...

Are Calgary women all buxom? Because I could go for a town like that...during the two days per year you're not covered in snow.