Friday

Stranded in a Snowstorm

I haven't been on a date in a LONG time - either I run into ex's or guys I dated in HS or I meet my friends friends, that's how I meet guys. This week all of a sudden I have 3 dates with two different guys (yes, one of them is Bro - and in answer to details he's 6'4" tall, has nice arms, brown eyes, blondish brown hair and he's a great kisser).

These are real actual dates. Not sure where this is coming from all of a sudden, but I'm not complaining.

I went on a date Wednesday night with this guy, (I'll call him ADD because he talks - a LOT). We had arranged to meet a week before (this was planned even before I met Bro) . See, I finally took the plunge and met a guy off that stupid dating website and you know what? He was really nice and very funny. It wasn't awkward at all and turned out we knew some of the same people.

He talked so much though and was really random with his attention span, I seriously think that boy needs some Riddlin. He was really funny, maybe because of the randomness?

I went out with him again, and his friend, last night. ADD realized he lost his wallet and started freaking out that he needed to cancel his credit cards ASAP (understandable) but was saying he can only do it from his home number or something because of the high limits on his cards, it's a protected account or something. I didn't really get it but he ended up leaving in a panic.

His friend was drinking so obviously couldn't drive but he lived across the street from where we were so he walked there and I was left stranded, I knew everyone at the bar so it wasn't a huge deal but I was still a bit pissed off.

ADD texted me half an hour later apologizing and I fully understand the freak-out about your wallet thing but at the same time, we had a blizzard here yesterday. It was absolutely impossible to get a cab. I tried for three hours (until 4 am); finally a girl from work drove me home.

I spoke with him today, he still hasn't found his wallet but he thinks it's in his friends car. He feels like an asshole for leaving me there but there were a bunch of people I knew there so it wasn't that bad I guess. Still, I can't decide if I want to even give him another chance?

Then there's Bro, who gets back to town tomorrow and I'm so excited to see him again. He's been texting me all week and called me Thursday afternoon just to say hi...we'll see how that one goes...

17 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Good luck but maybe you should just have the guys fight to the death.

paperback reader said...

For some strange reason, I have a soft spot for random guys who talk too much.

Pretty Unfamous said...

How exciting! I'd say MAYBE give ADD another chance. MAYBE. And let us know how the date with Bro goes!

Anonymous said...

I once was seeing a hyper, random guy before I met the hubby. He was fun but I realised that he wasn't really what I would call "stable" or "mentally healthy" or "non alcoholic" or "faithful"...
But I'm sure ADD guy is different!!!!

Errant Gosling said...

He left you there in a snowstorm? You stay classy ADD...

P said...

You may as well keep your options open at the moment and give ADD another chance just in case his behaviour was a one-off . . . :)

Maxie said...

I'd say give him one more chance... but if he pulls some shit again then NO WAY.

Mel O said...

Screw that!

I'd hold out for Bro... (not that there's anything wrong with dating more than one boy at a time!) ;)

BioniKat said...

Stick with Bro. These ADD types are usually self absorbed and need a mommy to look after them!

pj said...

So he left you at the bar and you still might date him? Wow.

Lyla Lou said...

I say keep him around. Just in case things with Bro don't work out, it's nice to have a back-up plan!

words...words...words... said...

I say give him another chance. Everybody is allowed one boner. Besides, you never know about Bro.

So@24 said...

We got a lot of expository, but no commentary...

What do you REALLY think of ADD? Besides the freaking out about the wallet thing...

Anonymous said...

oh, alice. you're such a pimp.

i'm a bro fan. but maaaybe add deserves a second chance. IF he buys some sort of wallet tracking device. because apparently losing things makes him go ape-shit crazy. you don't leave a girl at a bar, dude. ever.

Anonymous said...

oh, alice. you're such a pimp.

i'm a bro fan. but maaaybe add deserves a second chance. IF he buys some sort of wallet tracking device. because apparently losing things makes him go ape-shit crazy. you don't leave a girl at a bar, dude. ever.

Erin said...

To hell with that guy. Life is too short to waste on people who don't know how to handle a situation with grace.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.