Monday

In Which I Explain Why I've Never Had The Homesickness. Sidenote: Waterfalls Are My Favorite .

I have a confession.

I've never been away from Calgary for longer then 3 weeks at a time. I know it sounds insane but I guess between school, then being a working stiff, I've just never taken a long vacation. Or moved anywhere else.

This next year is going to be a giant leap out of my comfort zone; in a fabulous way. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm scared. Nervous, excited, scared, thrilled - all of it.

This year will also be my very first Christmas away from my family. After doing some research, I discovered that here's where I will be instead:


Granada, Nicaragua

Tequendama Falls Near Bogota New Granada
by Frederic Edwin Church


So you know, I think I'll be okay.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

I like waterfalls too! Can we come visit you for Christmas this year?

Amber said...

OOO Nicaragua would be a nice Christmas! I'm coming too!! I've always spent my Christmas with family too so it's weird being so far from home. But my sister lives in Calgary as well so I'll probably spend Christmas with her and her inlaws.

Anonymous said...

You will be fine - and that's coming from someone living even further away from home!! Promise!

BloodRedRoses said...

You are going to have the best adventures!!

Plus, just think. NO. SNOW. You are avoiding our lovely Canadian winter!

Perfect? Yes.

Author said...

Falling water has always relaxed me I gotta say.

Mega said...

Cool, buy me something good.

doniree said...

WOW, huge leap! Congratulations and good luck - I KNOW you'll rock it and can't wait to hear about it :)

PorkStar said...

Waterfalls, I love them!!! Congratulations and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Like you, I've never taken a long vacation before. Just a lots of long weekends.

Those waterfalls look beautiful!