Friday

...And Chocolate, Don't Forget the Chocolate

Tuesday afternoon I was having some issues. A stomach thing and it involves blood but I won't get into that. Anyway, I made my way to the Doctor after Googling my symptoms (I suggest NEVER doing this - all it managed to do was cause me to immediately think "I'm Dying, OMG I'm Dying").

Of course, as Murphy's Law dictates, anytime you have an embarrassing medical problem, there will be:
  1. The hottest Doctor ever
  2. A resident Doctor who is sitting in with your Doctor, learning and therefore has MORE embarrassing questions then the regular Doctor AND/OR
  3. You bursting into tears

Luckily my Doctor is female, so I avoided the first problem. I did however have a resident Doctor sitting in and I DID burst into tears (thanks again Google-Medicine). SinceI had stomach problems a few months ago and was tested for a few things already with no results, now they are looking at more serious possibilities.

As soon as the Doctor said the words "tumor" and "most likely benign" I just couldn't help it. I bawled. I'm sure it's nothing, she assured me it's probably nothing but it's still scary as hell.

I moped around at home Wednesday and Thursday. I know I'm being a drama queen and a hypochondriac but the fact that I had 5 vials of blood taken to check my hemoglobin and other wonderful things yesterday and that until I can get in to see the people who check for tumors I have to visit my Doctor on the regular, I'm not gonna lie - it fucking scares the shit out of me.

This calls for copious amounts of red wine...

2 comments:

Shandra said...

LOL this post cracked me up ( not that I'm laughing at your misery, but the way you express yourself is funny)

You are so right about googling medical issues, I've done this before and it is just detrimental, WebMd is also pretty much satan on internet, it fucks with your mind.

I really hope it's nothing big!

ÄsK AliCë said...

WebMD is totally the devil!

I'm sure it's nothing - I probably had the flu or something. Anyway, I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for the bloglove ;>