Tuesday

The One In Which I'm Alice

Okay folks, so trying to do both NaNoWriMo (writing 50,000 words in one month - as in: a novel) and also doing NaBloPoMo (one post per day for the entire month) is a fucking challenge. What the hell are these people thinking making both things in the same month?!

I started writing one story but then my characters started fighting, I got frustrated and ripped it up so I started again today and so far I have just under 1,000 words. Therefore I have 26 days to write 49,000 more. Good Lord.

I am plodding through, though I must apologize if the quality of my posts takes a drastic downward plunge for the month. Forgive me in advance (or I'll have to come after you).

Without further ado, here are some pictures of my Saturday night Halloween party - the girls I was with Friday night haven't uploaded any yet, when they finally do I'll have pictures of Blondie, Curly, Hiker and I.

















So here's Frenchie and I. I was Alice in Wonderland (I'm so clever) and her and PA went as MarkAntony and Cleopatra. PA made their costumes and they were great. I have 8 layers of crinoline on so I was telling people I was Alice as she's falling down the rabbit hole.



Here's PA and I. He used an old suede jacket for the skirt and shin-pads. Those gold medallions are actually a gold plastic plate that he cut and glued and his helmet is a construction hat with the end of a broom attached. He's crafty like that.



We had a hula hooping contest (which I couldn't participate in due to the aforementioned layers of crinoline) but the lovely hostess was pretty amazing at it:






















All in all the party was a ton of fun and exactly what I needed after the crazy Friday we had.

Clockwise from Alice: Safty [sic] Stud Earl, Pirate, Construction Girl, Mark Antony, Cleopatra, Safty Inspectir [sic] Cleatus


18 comments:

LYDIA said...

Alice - so here is my perv moment. I looked at the last pic and thought, you can ALMOST see up her skirt! haha. You look great as Alice!

miss milly said...

Hey!!!

I can see school girl and bondboy....hahahaa

I love your costume!!!

I just joined the NaNoWriMo too!!! Huzzah! :)

Best of luck hun!! Cheers!
-m

Ashley D said...

Cute pics! Looks like a fun night!

Rahul said...

There's a huge hand grabbing your wrist in picture two.

Its like on of those foam hands.

Oh my god. You know someone with foam hands for hands!

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

ooooh alice being alice.

you are too clever.

i love it.

all 8 layers of crinoline of it.

Kez said...

Great costume idea!
Good luck with your novel writing! That's where I draw the line haha.

Dr Zibbs said...

Aww yeah. One of these days we need to have some drinks

Essentially Me said...

Of course you would dress up as your moniker! Makes sense.

paperback reader said...

Booze plus revealing outfits almost always equals good times, especially when said outfits end up crumpled on the floor by the end of the night.

Mermanda said...

I love the unicorn costume! Holy crap!

Gwen said...

Those are some clever and well crafted costumes! Bravo!

P said...

I'm in work right now so can't actually SEE the pics. I'll need to check back later.

oh yeah, i WAS doing nanowrimo too, but think i'm gonna give up. too much hassle and plus my story is crap. i can't think of anything for anyone to DO to make it interesting!

Unknown said...

Holy shitakes! Props to you for doing both... That's hardcore!!

pj said...

can't wait to see the school girl and her hubby together, or one with the mormon.

Chele said...

I LOVE the unicorn costume. genius.

Yeah I am currentøy in the same rut, nanowrimo and pomo, I have started now 8 times on my novel and I get like one page done and then im stuck with the plot

Falwless said...

LOVE IT!!! hahaha

A said...

I am there with you on NaNoWriMo. I've just started NaBloPoMo, and that should be easy enough but assignments are kicking my ass when it comes to making the time to write x-thousand words a day for NaNoWriMo.

Sigh.

MJenks said...

I did NaNoWriMo three years in a row. I started on a fourth but then decided that I couldn't stand the schlock that I was putting together into a story form and decided never to do it again. Instead, I'd rather plod through my stories and make sure they're up to my personal standards.

But, that doesn't mean I can't wish you a good luck on finishing.