Monday

Reading is Sexy

I got tagged in a meme by the wonderful PJ over at It is What it is, Sometimes and since November seems to ironically be "The Month of No Thoughts" I hereby present to you: Reading is Sexy



Rules: Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 46. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The closest book, not the coolest, or the one you think will sound the best. THE CLOSEST.

Luckily I keep a hefty novel next to my computer at all times*

"I tell you what," I said. "Do you give him all the books"
"Yes, all of them."
"As my own gift?"
"Yes, as your own gift?"
"As my gift alone?"
"Yes, as your gift alone."
Surely I had spoken clearly enough, yet the old man seemed hardly to understand me.

From Fyodor Dostoevsky's Poor Folk


So I'm going to pass this on to:

Attached Mama
Lydia
Tova Darling
Essentially Me
Carmen


*since being nominated

3 comments:

pj said...

We should somehow collect all of these excerpts and put them together. I suppose if my pesky job didn't get in the way, it would be easy.

Essentially Me said...

Oh, my sentences are going to be a doozy.

Alice said...

man, i have NO BOOKS with me at work. how sad.