Sunday

Warranty = Waste

Apparently it's NaBloPoMoDoSoCoBro month or something so I'm supposed to post every day. I WAS going to post a Halloween picture today but my friends are lazy and haven't uploaded them to the Facebooks for me to steal yet. C'mon people, everything loses relevancy in under 3 days in the land of the innernets.

My camera is broken. It broke right before Blondie and I headed to PEI (of course) which was months ago now. I brought it into the store and they sent it into the shop after informing me it would be $75 even though I bought the stupid warranty.

Apparently it doesn't cover scratched lenses. What it does cover? It seems they aren't sure.

Anyway, my camera has mysteriously never returned from the "shop". I'll be calling tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind. If they aren't supremely helpful and apologetic I'll be writing a very stern letter and sharing it with the innernets in hopes of them sending me free stuff. Like a camera.

6 comments:

Pretty Unfamous said...

My camera broke, too, but they said it would be $240 to fix it. I said "screw that" and bought a new one on Amazon for $115.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

It's NaBloWriMo (or whatever)? But it's also NaNoWriMo too! I was going to use that to get my book finished...this is very upsetting to me! I can't write a blog post every day and finish a novel too...

Unknown said...

yeah, what the eff is up with nobody uploading halloween pics? geez, i'm getting anxious here.

Essentially Me said...

Maybe the money you're supposed to dish out mysteriously disappears.

words...words...words... said...

Warranties on electronics are pretty much the same as health insurance and car insurance...legalized racketeering.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

They lost your camera? Hell ya, you call there today and tell them you had best be recieving a new camera pronto, if yours is not returned. If they give you a hard time, write them a kick-ass letter posing as an attorney threatening legal action. Works every time.